2015-16 Competition : November 1, 2015 Details: Grand Valley Image Battle
SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR GRIPS MEMBERS – TBD
The Grand Valley Image Battle started in 1974 as the “Golden Triangle Slide Battle.” During the first few years, clubs competed from Guelph, Kitchener, Fergus, Galt, and Brantford. Clubs from Stratford, Orangeville and Halton Hills joined in the early 2000’s and by 2006 GRIPS, Maitland Valley and Woodstock clubs also joined. With the increased popularity of digital cameras, the prints and digital photos were added to the slides in 2007, when the competition was hosted by Highland Glen Camera Club. In 2008 the competition was renamed to the Grand Valley Image Battle. Slides were dropped in 2009 and entries are now print and digital photos.
Each of the clubs takes turns hosing the competition, and GRIPS hosted in 2010. GRIPS has won the trophy three times since joining the group, in 2009, 2011, and 2015.
2016 Competition Information
Hosting Club: Fergus Camera Club
Location: St. James Anglican Church 171 Queen St. East, Fergus, ON N1M 2W7
Date: Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 1:30PM (Judging starts promptly at 2:00PM)
- Files must be saved as JPEG.
- The colour format must be sRGB for projection standards.
- Images must be resized to maximum 1024 pixels wide and maximum 768 pixels high. Therefore a horizontal image can be no larger than 1024 wide by 768 high and a vertical image can be no larger than 768 wide by 768 high.
- All images must be presented in their proper orientation.
- Images will be shown as submitted. They will not be resized, rotated or adjusted.
- Prints must be no smaller than 80 square inches (for example, 8×10 or 7×14 or 6×13, etc.) and no larger than 16”X20”.
- Images must be mounted on clean, firm board (such as white or black foam core), measuring more than 16”x20”. Mats are optional, but must be white or black only, and if a mat is not used the image must be FIRMLY adhered to the mounting board.
- Prints may be made from film (slides or negatives) or digital files and may be commercially or maker printed. However, the entrant must do all digital processing.
- No identification is to be visible on the front of the image or mat.
- Identification must be on the back of the mounted print in the upper left hand corner with the following information:
- Name of maker,
- Name of Club, and
- An arrow indicating the top of the print. A digital copy of printed images is required, sized and formatted for display as below, so that the image may be projected for the audience while the print is being judged.